- is a unit with a university-wide authority, which provides library and information support of studies, scientific, research, creative and artistic activities of the university;
- serves CTU students and academic staff but also provides services for the professional public;
- builds and makes available specialized collections of printed and electronic documents from the disciplines studied and researched at CTU;
- builds and runs the CTU Digital Library (institutional repository) as an open platform for storing and sharing of CTU e-documents (theses and dissertations/ETDs, published research results of CTU authors and other CTU publications and documents), provides methodological support for inserting documents to the repository, and guarantees the interconnection of the repository with international information infrastructures;
- creates support for the development of students’ information literacy, and cooperates on forming their key competencies for studies, future profession and lifelong learning;
- creates support for the evaluation of results of the university activities in the area of research and development, particularly in publishing;
- manages the editorial boards of CTU scientific journals Acta Polytechnica and Acta Polytechnica CTU Proceedings;
- creates support for the development of information and publishing literacy and research skills especially of young aspiring scientist and researchers/doctoral students;
- creates support for publishing CTU scientific journals as Open Access; offers a platform for management and publishing of e-journals; offers and assigns publication standards to publications created at the CTU.
The Library Committee is a permanent advisory body of the director of the Central Library of CTU. The structure of the Library Committee and its mission is based on the Organizing Structure of the Central Library of CTU.