Electronic books are another important information source that can be used to study. Besides full texts, that can be read online or offline as needed, the database allows extra work with text - making notes and comments, highlighting text, etc.
- E-books, that are purchased into the collection of the Central Library, can be found directly in the catalogue (e-books database).
- The Knovel database includes e-books and reference guides
- Ebrary's pre-paid collection and the short-term loans platform of EBL's foreign literature merged into one platform below ProQuest EbookCentral.
- Use the opportunity of the short-term electronic loan of Czech professional e-books FlexiBooks
|Direct access to the database||Remote access to the database (outside the CTU)|
EBL (E-book library) and Ebrary have merged into ProQuest Ebook Central, the ProQuest company platform. More than 35 000 e-book titles from scholarly resources are available for CTU users.
Thanks to the fusion you can enjoy the comfort of using e-books from both collections at the same time. Loans are purchased from the CTU Library budget, provided to CTU users for free.
If you have an user account in Ebrary or EBL, it is already transferred into a new platform.
(there is to log in with data from KOS or UserMap)
- E-books format: PDF, EPUB, ebook content is accessible by the ProQuest Ebook Central Reader software in the interactive database with the word search engine
- Printing and saving: depends on the editor, usually 20 % copying and 40% printing per one log
- Personal account: needable for personal notes, e-book lists, colour highlighting, sharing with other users